3 methods to download instagram stories
You want to download one or more Instagram stories but you find it "complicated"? ... then ... You are at the right place, we will explain everything to you in a few minutes. You will become THE expert.
Brief background information
Instagram represents XX million posts per day, but it is above all XX million stories per day. And that's a lot. The big problem is that these stories are ephemeral. They disappear after 24 hours.
What may seem fun to the user, is much less to the business person. If you work for an influencer agency, or a social media agency, or a PR / press agency, you ought to know what I'm talking about: a lot of hassle trying to download an Instagram story, dozens of hours lost during weekends downloading stories for clients before they are deleted. In short, it's 💩.
Hence, we've compiled a little guide with four methods to effectively download an Instagram story or stories. Here we go:
3 methods to download an Instagram story:
- The all comfort method
- The browser extension method
- The Russian method
The all comfort method
You want to upload stories in the scope of your job: you work for a brand, a communications agency, a PR agency, a digital agency or a social media agency. Then this method to save stories will be of interest to you.
It is fast, automated, risk-free, and makes it possible to view stories several days after their publication thanks to the story backup function.
- easy to use.
- allows you to download Instagram stories from accounts, hashtags, or locations.
- stories are downloaded automatically, at night, during the weekend. You can view them whenever you want.
- easy reporting with the dashboard system.
- secure: no risk of malware or data theft. You don't download anything, there are no malicious ads.
- technical support: in case of problems, support is available by chat or email in less than an hour.
- professional: the software is robust and you can count on it.
- after the 14-day free trial period, the software is charged, starting at $29/month.
How to do it in less than two minutes:
- Go to story-story.co, then create an account for free and without a credit card in 20 seconds. Here is the link to create an account: Create a Story Story account
- The application has created your first dashboard. You can create several dashboards, for example one for "my influencers campaign" for customer number 1, then "my influencers campaign #2" for customer number 2.
- Go to the "settings" by clicking on the button in the top right corner when you are on the dashboard.
- Add the accounts you want to track as shown in the GIF below.
- You can also add hashtags and locations further down the page.
- Simply let the tool work, come back a few hours later and the stories will have been downloaded automatically. They will appear on the dashboard, in a reverse chronological order. They will be saved as long as you want. You can go on vacation and come back confident that you will find all the stories of the influencers, brands, competitors, hashtags or locations you have added.
- You can then download a story on your computer by clicking on the little picto that appears on mouse-over. There you click, and the story is downloaded to your computer, whether it's a video or a photo.
The browser extension method
- rather easy to use.
- allows you to retrieve stories from hashtags or locations (some of them).
- ⚠️⚠️beware of confidentiality and data theft! These extensions are often held by groups/individuals who are not always benevolent and some of these extensions will watch what you type, and recover your passwords together with credit card numbers. So be very careful, use only in "private" mode and then delete the extension once you're done using it.
- you still have to use the extension during the validity period of the stories. If you work in a communications, PR or social media agency, you will still have to retrieve the stories on Saturday night and Sunday night :(
How does it work?
- go to the Google Chrome Store.
- type « Instagram story downloader ».
- find an extension.
- these extensions install a button on Instagram pages to download the stories.
- Click on this button and download the stories.
The Russian method
Why Russian? Because the websites on which these tools are available are often Russian.
- It's a pretty fast and free way to download a story that's still online.
- the operation must be done while the story is still online, i.e. within 24 hours after the publication of the story
- does not let you download a story from a hashtag or a location
- may not work. During our tests, several websites were not working. Finally, if the website is live, you can still get an error when you enter the name of an account you want to download stories from.
- beware of scams, spams, and advertisements on these websites. Everything is aimed at making you update your flash player, for example, which will then be delivered with a nice virus. Thus, beware and use this method only if you are an experienced user.
How to do it:
- go to Google.
- type « Instagram story saver » or « Instagram story downloader ».
- click on one of the first results.
- here, find among the ads, the box in which you can enter the username of the account whose stories you want to download.
- enter the account name, validate, and wait for the stories to appear.
- you just have to right-click on the stories you want to download and save them on your computer.
That is it, we've covered all the methods to download an Instagram story. Hopefully, we have answered your questions. If this article does not answer your questions, or if you still have questions, or if you are in a hurry and you want immediate help by email, don't hesitate to contact me by email. I will try to untangle your problems about downloading an Instagram story :)